DERMATOLOGIST BATON ROUGE
Chad Prather, MD
The only fellowship-trained Baton Rouge dermatologist, Dr. Chad Prather specializes in skin cancer treatment and aesthetic dermatology. Dr. Prather received his medical degree from Louisiana State University School of Medicine and served as Chief Resident in the LSU Department of Dermatology.
Dr. Prather’s professional credentials and affiliations include:
- Board-certification by the American Board of Dermatology
- Clinical Assistant Professor and Former Surgical Director in the LSU Department of Dermatology
- American Academy of Dermatology, Fellow
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, Member and Past Board Member
- Louisiana State Medical Society Board of Governors, Member and Past Board Member
- Louisiana Dermatology Society, Past President
Dr. Prather pursued advanced fellowship training in Mohs surgery in Birmingham, Alabama at one of the most respected skin cancer and cosmetic dermatology practices in the country. Since founding Dermasurgery Center in his hometown of Baton Rouge, he has performed over 15,000 procedures. Dr. Prather sees patients in the Baton Rouge dermatology and Lafayette dermatology locations.