What is Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty, or surgical eyelid repair, is often used to address both aesthetic and functional concerns about the upper or lower eyelids. The natural aging process results in loss of volume around the eyes, and can lead to drooping or sagging eyelids. In some cases, the eyelids may even begin to interfere with vision in a condition known as ptosis. For these patients, blepharoplasty is an effective means by which to improve the appearance of aging eyes while also correcting a condition which negatively impacts eyesight. However, blepharoplasty is not only for aging patients. Younger patients may also be genetically predisposed to drooping of the eyelids. They may also have additional concerns such as excess deposits of fat that make the eyes appear puffy or bags under the eyes.
What are the Benefits of Blepharoplasty?
· Youthful, more attractive appearance of the eyes
· Improved vision in some cases
· Typically short recovery times mean normal activity can often be resumed after one week
· Can be performed under local anesthetic
· Side effects are typically minor and usually resolve after one week. These include swelling and bruising of the eyes but minimal pain. More serious side effects are rare when performed by an experienced physician. Your provider will discuss these further in your visit.
Learn More about Blepharoplasty
If drooping or puffy eyelids are making you look older than you feel, blepharoplasty may be an option for you. A relatively quick and simple outpatient procedure can leave your eyes looking more refreshed, youthful, and attractive for years to come. Whether you are considering eyelid surgery in Baton Rouge or eyelid surgery in Lafayette, our team of skilled physicians will take care of you. Schedule your consultation with either our Baton Rouge dermatology clinic or Lafayette dermatology clinic to determine if this is the best option for you.
If you prefer to speak to someone, please use the contact numbers listed below:
Eyelid Surgery Baton Rouge - 225-303-9500
Eyelid Surgery Lafayette - 337-839-2773
Eyelid Surgery Baton Rouge and Lafayette