What is a Fractional Laser?
Age spots, sun damage, uneven skin tone and texture, wrinkles, scars, stretch marks – what do these all have in common? They are all incredibly common aesthetic concerns which may be treated with fractional lasers. Laser skin resurfacing such as that from fractional lasers makes treating these signs of skin damage and age simpler and easier than most patients could imagine. Unlike full field lasers which deliver a single column laser beam into the skin, fractionated lasers deliver many, separate mircobeams. This method means that less tissue is affected, leading to quicker healing and fewer complications. As the microbeams affect targeted areas of tissue, the body begins to create new, healthier, and younger-looking skin to replace these areas.
What are the Benefits of Fractional Lasers?
· Increase production of collagen and elastin
· Results begin to appear quickly and continue to improve over the course of multiple treatments
· May be used on a variety of skin tones
· May be used to treat concerns such as stretch marks on any area of the body
· Side effects (if they occur) are typically minimal and usually resolve quickly. These may include temporary redness, swelling, and mild discomfort. More serious side effects are rare when performed by an experienced physician. Your provider will discuss these further in your visit.
Learn More about Fractional Lasers
If you need a treatment to address scarring, stretch marks, or deep wrinkles, the 1540 Fractional laser may be the ideal option to address your concerns while also requiring minimal recovery time. To determine if this is the best procedure for you, schedule a consultation and treatment with one of our Baton Rouge dermatologists or Lafayette dermatologists.